The Impulse 2
- 01 - Interlude: Authenticity In Music (Demigloom)
- 02 - Outerspace (Demigloom feat. Animal Control)
- 03 - Interlude: Music I Live By!
- 04 - Disco Groove or Somethin' (Eddy)
- 05 - Interlude: Authentic Respect (Rowyn)
- 06 - Fantasy (Rowyn)
- 07 - Interlude: Music In Movies (Miller)
- 08 - The Ballad of Callisto (Miller)
- 09 - Interlude: Music To Fit Your Mood (Iris)
- 10 - Life Got Crazy (Iris)
- 11 - Interlude: Music Chelsea Doesn't Like (Norah)
- 12 - Trigger Warning (Norah)
- 13 - Interlude: Authentic Gaming (Kevin)
- 14 - Final Song (Kevin)
- 15 - Interlude: Authenticity? Jazz? Impulse? in our Favorite Music (Henry)
- 16 - On Borrowed Time (Henry)
- 17 - Interlude: Authenticity In Music (Andrea)
- 18 - Dope (Andrea)
- 19 - Interlude: Learning Music (John)
- 20 - John (John)
- 21 - Interlude: Miles vs Louis (Leon)
- 22 - Calm Music (Leon)
- 23 - Monkee Monkee Oo Oo Oo (Izabel)
THE IMPULSE 2 is an album conceived, written, recorded and produced by students enrolled in Shabazz City High School's "The Impulse: History of Music, Movements, and You" experiential learning class led by teachers, Aaron Kaio, Denise Aulik and Brian Counselman.
Recorded at the Media Lab inside Madison's Central Library, their album brings student voices and experiences out of the classroom and into your earhole. Special thanks to Rob Dz, Shah Evans, Corey Whitmore, Tyler Brunsell and the rest of the UCAN family for their mentorship in the writing, recording and fine-tuning of these teenage artists.
Read the ARTIST STATEMENTS from students as they present and describe their experience and product.
Listen to the PODCAST COLLECTION below for a deeper dive into the individual experiences of project-based learning.
THE PODCAST COLLECTION:
EPISODE 1: Demigloom
EPISODE 2: Eddy
EPISODE 3: Rowyn
EPISODE 4: Kevin
EPISODE 5: Anavaeh
EPISODE 6: Norah
EPISODE 7: Andrea
EPISODE 8: Miller
EPISODE 9: Henry & Eddy
EPISODE 10: John
EPISODE 11: Ryan